Pug

Pug

Monday, July 7, 2008

M&M

When I was younger, I was one of those people that wouldn't let someone too close because I was afraid that they would recognize some inner weakness and use my vulnerabilty against me. I never allowed myself to become too close to people and to be honest with you, until I met Livia, and then later Scott, I continued to put up my personal walls without fail and without a second thought. I knew that some saw through me but I didn't care. I had to protect myself at all costs.

When I was younger, my little sister and I had a conversation that I will never forget and it was probably one of the first in which I was truly honest and open; and it was the same for her. Since that day, we have never turned back. We've become sisters in the true sense, and we've protected each other and loved each other unconditionally.

After having that conversation with Christy, after meeting Livia who is someone that demands truth from me at all times no matter what it costs, I've turned into a different person from the one I was in my youth.

That being said....over the past few days I've had an amazing treat, one that no one could hope for and receive. I've lost contact with some wonderful friends in the past and I've suddenly gotten back into touch with them....they sought me out because hell, we all know that I suck at technology and I am grateful that they're better at it than I am.

First Melanie and then Marlayne. Thus the title M&M. I actually think they'd really hit it off together. Massachusetts meets Kentucky. Oh, I've got to get a front row seat to that show.

Mel...my friend from the Midwest that has got to be one of the bubbliest people I know. Hey, is bubbliest even a word?

Marlayne....my blonde, even-keeled twin who enjoyed torturing cheerleaders as much as I did....

Life is unpredictable. I'd like to say that I am the same. Sometimes, however, predictability isn't black and white; I'll be honest, I'm happy for it. The people in your life, the ones that you get and love and understand and adore...well, sometimes they go away and sometimes you wish you had them back in your life again. I've gotten that chance again.

Anyway, I wanted to say that sometimes life takes you in a different direction. Sometimes, you question things, you wonder about people, you wish you could time travel.....I'm pleased that those people that I wondered about, those people that meant something to me even if I couldn't fully show it to them were the ones that are now coming back into my life.

From karaoke to yellow tomatoes......I'm grateful. Life is really good right now.

5 comments:

Christy and Cynthia said...

I love you and miss you very much big sis!!! Oh and I miss our long and deep conversations...can't wait for October!!!

Robincita said...

Right back at ya, sis. Right back atcha. I can't wait either.

lindavaicius said...

I remember those friends, I am so happy that you are back in concact with them, how great!

Love you,

Ang said...

You write as fluently as ever. Speaking of people who pass in and out of your life, I've tried on SEVERAL occasions to find you and to make amends for the ill stuff that went on between us. Have thought of you often. Many MANY changes. If you're amenable, let's chat. You seem to be doing REALLY well, and i'm REALLY happy to at least know that.

Ang said...

my email is jamieburk38@yahoo.com