Pug

Pug

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving, the Love of Family, and Holy 'Effin' Baby Meltdown!














Scott, Luca and I went to Bostonia for Thanksgiving and beyooooooond! While we were there, the following occurred:

Luca got her first fever and as a result, I got to stick a thermometer up her ass for the first time. Surprisingly, she was unaffected by this. I was slightly traumatized and then oddly proud of myself.

We had not only one Thanksgiving but TWO! My best friend, Livia, flew in the night before Thanksgiving and Scott flew in on Thanksgiving so we all got together again on the Saturday following the holiday for those that didn't get to join in on the festivities (that would be Scott).

Scott and I had our first night without our baby girl as my mom and dad took her for an overnight stay. Thank you to both of them! She had a great time! We, on the other hand, learned a valuable lesson: when engaging in adult activities, kindly ensure that the baby monitor is turned off. Otherwise, your company gets an earful. We all had smiles that night.

Babies have absolutely no consideration as to when they take a dump. Luca decided that the middle of Lansdowne Street across from Fenway Park, in the freezing rain, would be a GREAT spot. Thank you, Jillian's, for lending us your lobby for a few moments of warm "changing bum" time.

Scott learned that New England really is NOT known for Mexican cuisine, especially old-school authentic Mex. Poor thing.

Luca is quite resilient on a plane. However, when flying for 8 hours plus without any sleep, she suffered a really bad episode of the night terrors. I learned not to try to wake her up....but what else are you supposed to do when they're freaking out so bad, they're hyperventilating? Scary baby meltdown!

Here are some pics of the trip!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!! I miss you all so much!Can you please send the family pic to my email so i can have it blown up?


Hugs and kisses Love you all. momma

Anonymous said...

You can tell everyone enjoyed themselves! What a wonderful way to enjoy the holiday. Luca is getting big. She is so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.
Love
Diane

I know I miss the Mexican cuisine too when I am up there.