Pug

Pug

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You Shall Be Missed

You shall be missed, JD.

What will we do with the silence in the house? What will we do when it's dinnertime and you're not weaving through our feet? What will we do when Luca is looking for you and you're no longer there? What will we tell her?

What will I do when I hit writer's block and need my muse to help me wade through the sludge in my brain? What will Scott do without you spooning with him at night?

You allowed me into your life and I'm thankful for that. You accepted me as your new mom, protected Luca when she was a tiny human who squirmed and cried, took care of all of us when we were sick or sad, listened when there was no one around to lend an ear. Who will follow Luca like she's the Pied Piper of Pugs when she leaves a trail of forgotten food? Who will take up all of the room on the bed? Who will hop up and down excitedly when it's time to go for a walk?

How will we heal the space in our hearts that you occupied?

You shall be missed. To indirectly quote one of my favorite movies: We will see you in the afterlife. But not yet, my friend. Not yet.

2 comments:

Ken Grandlund said...

So sorry for you guys...I remember when our last dog (Kyma) passed on...she was with us well before the kiddo and it was a hard day for us all, so I surely empathize with you all.
Eventually, you will find a new muse, a new friend, a new companion...but you'll alwaysa relish the memories of JD.

Anonymous said...

For the reason that the admin of this web site is working, no uncertainty very soon it will be well-known, due to its feature contents.


Here is my weblog: home cellulite treatment