Pug

Pug

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

For Nana

I recognize that sometimes I can't be there to lend a shoulder, an ear, or just a presence when things are not so fun. I've been thinking over the last couple of days, as Nana is in rehab (makes her sound like a loony drug-addicted celebrity, doesn't it?) that the only thing I can really contribute to her right now, besides phone calls and cards, are words.

I came across a quote that touched me and made me think of her and I hope that it is fitting to not only her inner-beauty but also the way that she's affected other people. I suppose this ties in to my previous blog where I discussed how ineffective some can be....but that's not the case with Mrs. Yolanda Ellis.

To be resolute in the Way means
From the beginning never to lose sight of it,
Whether in a place of calm or in a place of strife;
To not cling to quiet places nor
Shun places where there is disturbance.
~Daikaku

2 comments:

lindavaicius said...

Mom said..........

Robin that was very nice. I made a copy and I am going to bring it in to Nana tonight, she can put it on her bulletin board.
Thanks,
Love you,

lindavaicius said...

mom said...

Robin I printed off a copy of your blog post.." For Nana"..and took it in the rehab last night and gave it to her. She loved it! I think she read it about 4 times, she said to tell you thank you and that she loves you and misses you. She was doing real well yesterday and we are hoping that maybe she will be going home some time next week.

love you,
Mom,