Pug

Pug

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Simple Conversation

The one thing amongst many that I love about my friends is that they force me to really look at myself, whether I want to or not. I truly believe that most of the time, they don't realize how much their words affect me. Again, back on words and my love for them, but it's true. When someone regurgitates a story to me that has absolutely nothing to do with me...but still incites emotion from me....it is intensive but sometimes harsh.

Here's where a simple conversation can make one question themselves, make them wonder about how effective they are as a person, or maybe more importantly how compassionate and relatable they are. I've never felt that I've been an overly sympathetic person, nor necessary a humble person. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm inherently selfish, one of my characteristics that I've come to accept, and sometimes curb, about myself.

One of my friends has been telling me an amazingly crazed story about an ex-friend who tends to be selfish and dramatic and cold.....three traits that I sometimes award to myself. When I hear these tales I wonder if I'm that horrible, if I'm that selfish and if I'm that nasty. I wonder if I've done something that I'm unaware of, if I've treated someone with such disrespect (and not delivered a much-needed apology)....for the first time in my 32 years, I actually thought about what others think. Not about me, per se, but about something unfair and insensitive that I'd done.

I know that I feel that way about some people. I know that I feel that they've done something to me and I wish they would open up the communication lines with me so that we could put it behind us. I know that I wish I could be a more humble person, but that humility does not come naturally. I know my own flaws.

So to those of you that know me (or think you do), either post a flaw of mine (along with one of yours, my little kittens) OR post a quality you wish you had. I'll start!

I wish I was more attentive to other people. Sometimes I am too focused on my own bullshit to really, really listen to someone.

You're up!

21 comments:

lindavaicius said...

Oh a game, great! I would like 3 wishes please. 1) I wish I knew what the heck you are talking about( I don't know that Robin)..2)I wish you and scott lived closer(you knew that one was coming). And 3) I wish that sometimes I could turn off my caring mode, meaning that I always care too much about others, even some that I barely know. Remember my ( a new me blog)? meaning that when I could use some comfort and caring words, I don't always get them from people that I have in the past cared about. I really don't see you as a selfish person at all so if I had to pick a flaw about you, its probably just that you've always had to get the last word in, and I'm not sure that is a flaw but it has caused many arguements, Remember?

I Love you for who you are..Robin. Remember when mema always used to say ...my gosh that Robin is just like me, different?

Don't change just because someone wants you to.

Robincita said...

Oh, my dear Momma, I would never change WHO I am...I've come to accept myself, flaws and all. I just find it interesting that a conversation about someone else made me put my flaws in perspective!

There I go with the last word again. Hehehehehe.

Robincita said...

Oh, my dear Momma, I would never change WHO I am...I've come to accept myself, flaws and all. I just find it interesting that a conversation about someone else made me put my flaws in perspective!

There I go with the last word again. Hehehehehe.

lindavaicius said...

mom said.......

I love you!...oh geez, did I just get the last word in? could this be possible???

Robincita said...

NEVER! I'm the Queen of getting the last word in, woman!

lindavaicius said...

Oh , this is going to be a real long post lol.....I'm in a hyper mood tonight. tag, you're it!

I love you!
Momma!

Karolina said...

I like games and sometimes tag seems l;ike the answer to the perfect game but as a flaw I think we all have them. Not knowing you well enough to judge - as you have always been perfect with me....I can only say the flaw I see is your inability to make mud pies anymore...hehe...i used to love those.....miss you

Christy and Cynthia said...

I wish that I was able to be more of a free spirit and live every day like it was my last. As for YOUR ONLY flaw...drumroll please...YOU LIVE TOO FAR AWAY!!! Love you and miss you!

lindavaicius said...

Linda says..............
Hi Carolina, How are you and the family doing? Are you still living in Dorchester? I haven't seen you in ages, hope all is well.

Robincita said...

Mudpies and distance....not bad flaws at all!!!!! Tag, you're it!

lindavaicius said...

Mom said.............

Especially distance, can you work on that?

taaaaaaaag, you're it!!!!

Robincita said...

Sure, let's put your butt on a plane and get you to the warmer climate!!!!

lindavaicius said...

mom said..
you know that I hate the heat, silly.

Robincita said...

Not to mention the planes....which would you rather work on...the heat or the planes? I can help you with only one. In the very least, if you choose heat, we could ice you down.

lindavaicius said...

mom said.......

Oh I can assure you that no one will ever be able to get me on a plane, just the word scares me. As for the heat ...all I can say about that is............its just plain stinks and I cannot stand anything over 65%..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Love you,

lindavaicius said...

mom said.......

Oh I can assure you that no one will ever be able to get me on a plane, just the word scares me. As for the heat ...all I can say about that is............its just plain stinks and I cannot stand anything over 65%..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Love you,

lindavaicius said...

whoops! didn't mean to post it twice.....

Robincita said...

No worries about double-posting, Momma. And I think that I could get you on a plane...it might take some anti-anxiety pills and a few glasses of wine....but I think I could do it. I would never expect you to go it alone. We'll start on the simple 1 hour flights to New York.....

lindavaicius said...

Oh, maybe not, but nice try!

luv you,

Robincita said...

Momma, just killed a man...put a gun unto his head, pulled a trigger now he's dead....MOMMA, life has just begun....

And now you need to board a plane with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Momma, God has spoken! He says you need not worry as long as you're in Robincita's hands......

lindavaicius said...

Nice try........ Thought you got the last word in didn'tcha?