Pug

Pug

Friday, June 22, 2007

Confusion

OK, so now I'm all fucked up in the head.

The General Sales Manager called me into his office to discuss my impending departure. I was supposed to sit with my supervisor today and break the news to her (which was going to be the most devastating part of this whole process) but FOX actually counter-offered to keep me. It's not as much money, but it's pretty close. However, they cannot guarantee a sales position for me, but when one opens up, I will get top consideration.

What to do, what to do! I am so conflicted right now. I don't want to leave this place where I've worked so hard and formed lifelong bonds with everyone. And I especially don't want to leave a place "just for money" so to speak.

How do I make this decision? If I base my decision on my gut, I think I'd stay at FOX. If I base my decision on my heart, I'd stay at FOX. However, if I base it on intelligence, would I take the opportunity at the other station?

Whoever said it's great to be wanted has never been stuck in a situation like this. I have until Monday to decide.

3 comments:

lindavaicius said...

Oh Boy!!!!!all I have to say is...unlike my job, I would want a job where you can keep climbing up the ladder to better yourself. And whoever said that money doesn't matter? it should with the cost of living now.You can never have too much money. I'm still behind your decision.......I Love you lots....Muah!!!!

Brian said...

Robin, it's a tough decision either way. One in which you will continue to second guess until the clouds have cleared and you can sit back and think retrospectively. The problem with this is, you still have a decision to make. Linda's right, beyond the money difference, job potential down the line at Fox and the people at Fox you would be leaving you really need to focus on what opportunities that each employee has and how best will your skill set be suited, i.e. think long-term. Despite Stacey's private law firm debacle, I left a great situation at Eastern Bank almost three years ago. At the time, it was difficult to conceive leaving a phenomonal culture and people that were good to work for and always looked out for me (the grass seemed brilliantly green on
Eastern's side). Three years later (remember that retrospect comment) I couldn't have made a better decision to leave. Beyond the money, I left for the opportunity to further my career. Lowe and behold, I've been handed the keys to the Corvette and I'm flying high. Think big kid and don't look back in whatever you decide.

lindavaicius said...

I can't take it any longer, what's your decision? Been thinking about you all weekend.

Muah!