Pug

Pug

Monday, June 25, 2007

Thanks Bri

A quick thanks to my bro-in-law Brian for his wise words in his last comment to me. I know that perhaps my emotionalism concerning the people I work with may affect me later, but the true lesson for me in considering this matter was not who I may work for 5 years from now, but from whom I will gain knowledge and solid mentorship right now. Yes, I do love the folks at FOX but I was considering leaving them until the exact moment when I had to make a decision.

In short, on Friday, I had a very stark conversation with a man that knows quite a bit about the TV industry and in speaking with him, I realized I was a pawn on both sides of the spectrum. Someone needed me. I needed money. But knowledge is cash in the end and I truly believe that a year...maybe two....you will see me in a far better position than I'm in now. In the end, would I rather be a poor saleswoman that makes maybe 60G's a year? Or would I rather be someone to be reckoned with, cashing in at well over 6 figures? I chose the path that might be longer, but will be more beneficial.

Thank you so much for your advice, and believe it or not, you remind me of the man I spoke with on Friday. He was concise, to the point, and very objective. I appreciate your thoughts, your solid points and your support. Know that I appreciate you and your advice!

Thanks!
Robincita de la Campbellita

1 comment:

Brian said...

You're welcome Robin...although you're correct. Mentorship is very important. Furthermore, Christy informed me of the "wash" your pay raise would have been at the end of the day. Good luck.